My first 7c

I just sent my first 7c!! The route was No Money No Dance at Geyikbayiri, Turkey. A beautiful 32m line up a grey and blue limestone streak, the crux is about two-thirds up and leads into two pockets as a semi-rest before continuing up a long tufa column to a final juggy section.

Yesterday I watched Dave Graham and Paul Robinson onsight it as a warm up. Watching them helped enormously to figure out the moves, it's amazing to see how well they read the rock and how smoothly they climb. I had three burns on on it yesterday to work out the moves, then rested most of today to get on it this evening with reasonably fresh arms.

I set off on it with the goal of hanging draws and no expectations of a red point as some of the hangers are really hard to reach, so hanging draws is definitely energy sapping. Nevertheless, after steady climbing I found myself at the final rest with a bit left in the fuel tank, so I headed up the tufa. It got desperate really quickly, massively pumped I was convinced with every move I was going to come off. Mid-height i placed a draw and made a desperate clip. Onwards!! More convinced than ever I was going to fall, I carried on fighting! And with one last move I hit the jugs , massively pumped and gasping for breath. I knew then I had it, shook out, placed the last draw and headed up to the chains.

Such happiness at completing this climb Pure elation that my training is paying off and I am climbing the best I ever have. A sense of relief as well, which I guess is natural when you invest so heavily in something.

Venga!

Comments